Thursday, October 5, 2017

Let's Make Some Cards!

Happy Thursday, I am here today making a card for Topflight Stamps. This Saturday the 7th is National Card Making Day & there are different specials everyday to celebrate. I hope you join us on Oct. 7, 2017 for a celebration! You can win prizes!!! More info at the end of my post.



First here is the card I made using a Studio Light background stamp. It came together pretty quickly which is great if you want to make a set to have on hand or to give as a gift. 



The stamp background 183 was used by Studio Light. 


1. The card background was made with Distress Oxide & water on a craft mat, dragging the card through. Here I used Black Soot, Twisted Citron & Broken China. Dry well with a heat gun. 


2. Next layer add different colors to mat, spritz with water and dab the card into them. Worn Lipstick & Cracked Pistachio were used. I just love this technique!


3. Next up adding the background using embossing powder. I used Emerald Creek's Oil Rubbed Bronze. I didn't do a perfect job but that is OK as you see. Just cover up the mistakes with the images.


4. Time to add the quote and images from Birgit Koopsen's set by Carabelle Studio. Using Peacock Feathers Distress Ink on white card stock, cut out & glued on. I also added some washi tape under my quote and pop dots, so it will show up better. Outline card using a fountain pen & pink ink. Thanks for joining me today, I will have another card to see on Saturday. I hope to see you there.

World Cardmaking Day Contest
On Saturday, October 7 we will post a link on our Topflight Stamps blog and we encourage all our customers to post cards that they have created with stamps from our store. You can link as many cards as you would like. The link up will be open Saturday, October 7 through Friday, October 13 at midnight EST. Our winners will be announced on the blog Sunday, October 15. 

PRIZES
1 - Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
4 - Mystery Bags Full of Stamps - retail value at least $30
5 - $10 gift certificates to the Topflight Stamps Store

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...