Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A Few Art Card Techniques

Hello Blog Land, I am here today with a few art card techniques. I love using Southern Ridge Trading co. chippies on my cards. They are the perfect embellishment to add to these cards & the bonus is you can color customize them to fit your project. 

Art Card using blues, greens, pinks, lots of texture. Vintage cut out of a mona & the word Lost
Vintage Collage with Tim Holtz

 Art Card #1- Collage

I was using this as a test card to see how fast  crackle paste would dry. Sadly I don't remember what the answer was, really need to write that info down. I added some watercolor paint & once dry did some random stamping. I painted the stencil word "Lost" and outlined it. My Leafy Branch was gessoed, stamped and painted. After adding the ephemera I also added copper metallic paint in random spots. This card sentiment kind of reminds me of a family member, hum sparks ideas on how to use these paper dolls. 

art card with a pic of a turtle on a GelPress background
The wee turtle that visits our garden.

Card #2- Our Garden Friend

 After creating a Distress Oxide (DO) background I added some stencil work with gesso. The SRTC Dandelion Seed Stem was gessoed, painted with water color marker & once dry stamped with black archival ink. 


The Green Leaf chippie was painted the same way & the only difference is stamped with Leaf Green Archival to create a more subtle look. "Cute" was also colored with a marker & clear embossed, then highlighted with a touch of doodling. Ephemera & stitching was added.


Art Card with Darkroom Door Stamps on a Gel Press Background.

Card #3- Red Lobster!

This card was started using a piece of Gel Press card stock. Random stamping using Dark Room Door Stamps in various colors was the next step. 
 
Emerald Creek Emboss
The shells were stamped on printed paper using Distress Oxide & heat embossed with Fractured Ice. I love this look. The DO color shows through & the emboss creates a grungy look with flecks of black ink & blue glitter. 
 
Stamp on the chippie!

The SRTC lobster was colored with Distress Ink & DO and once dry stamped with copper paint & black archival ink. 

Supplies Used:
  •  SRTC- Leafy Branch, Dandelion Seed Stem, Green Leaf, Word Mix 1, Ocean Mix, Raindrop stencil.
  • Dark Room Door Stamps- Grunge Marks, Seashells, Correspondence.
  • Emerald Creeks Embossing- Fractured Ice 
  • Le Plumme II watercolor markers by Marvy Uchida
  • Distress Ink, Archival Ink, Distress Oxide.
  • Tim Holtz- Paper Dolls, Quotations, Ephemera
  Thanks for joining me today!!! 
 I am entering my Lost art card in the Craft Stamper Magazine challenge & in Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge- Distress It. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! this is so vintage and grunge. Love the dark colors, crackles and images. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and Distress It with us! Hugs, Macarena

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...